Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 2 - Restraint Order





We were surprised to come in this morning and find Dylan's arms restrained. The poor guy is really trying to move around and they are afraid he is going to pull out one of his tubes.

He had to be given quite a bit of fluid yesterday and it is taking a while for his body to release that. As such, they probably won't remove the breathing tube until Saturday. We are really looking foward to that so they can let him wake up and we can interact with him and hold him.




Dylan has made a new friend with this little pig. One of the nurses gave it to him.



And just so that they can do it together, the pig is now restrained too (with Dylan's sock from the operating room).




5 comments:

  1. Having a little guy of my own I can't imagine what you've been going through the last few days (and months). I'm happy to hear that everything went well, but I'll be really happy to see a picture of you holding your baby again. What a sweet little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is going to be one tough cookie after all this. I'm glad he has his little pig to keep him company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to Saturday! No tubes, restraints and lots of hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Heart Surgery.....COMPLETE!

 Yesterday was the big day that we've been waiting 14 years for.....Dylan's pulmonary valve replacement surgery.  When he was 5 mont...