Dylan never ceases to surprise us. This morning when I walked into his room, the nurse said that they were thinking about discharging him today. {What?????} That was something that I was not expecting! We were thinking this weekend at the very earliest. I've decided that when it comes to hospitals and hospital stays, you just never know until it happens. So, I called Justin and he had a similar reaction.
Dylan had a busy morning to get ready to check out. He had an ECHO, which he cried through, they drew his blood and they got an EKG. Dylan is pretty tired of people poking and prodding him. He cried when I changed his diaper and his outfit this afternoon.
Here is his "no one touch me!" look.
I have enjoyed being able to hold my baby since Dylan was moved from the ICU. We were able to unhook him and hold him whenever we wanted. And I think we have both really missed it.
Cuddle zone!!
We decided that since the kids never got to come up to visit Dylan in the hospital (because they had a cold) they might like to come to the hospital to take Dylan home. And boy were we right! They were so excited to see him again. It's been a long 1 1/2 weeks.
Justin got to hold Dylan for the first time since his surgery. Lots of smiles for Daddy!
Dylan had a great view from his room. Love the big windows!
Goodbye hospital room!
I think that Dylan is happy to be home. He gets tons of love from all of us here.
One of the many sweet moments from today: When we decided that Justin would pull Brandon out of school and bring the kids up to get Dylan from the hospital he told the girls that he had something really exciting to tell them. Lindsey said that she knew what it was. Then she said that Dylan was coming home today! When Justin asked her how she knew that, she said that that was the most exciting thing she could think of.
I love my kids!
Welcome home, baby Dylan!







Beautiful post, beautiful pictures, beautiful family! We are so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! I am sure his recovery will speed up now that he is surrounded constantly by those who love him so much.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!!! Now you're all back together again! That is so happy! Love you guys!
ReplyDeletegreat news! We are so happy for you guys. Dylan is such a beautiful baby!
ReplyDeleteHooray! We're so excited that he got the come home! Thanks for keeping us all updated so well.
ReplyDelete-the Sanders