Sunday, June 27, 2010

Progress


Dylan is making progress all the time. Over the last couple of days we have started to be able to hold him with his chest against us again like this:




I sure missed being able to hold him like this since the beginning of June. Up until now he has been in pain when we have tried it.

The cardiologist said yesterday that Dylan can come down to one dose a day of his last medication. We will see how his body does with it over the next few days and we'll take more x-rays of his lungs this Thursday. He is starting to eat more, which is a very good thing. I think the systems in his body are starting to get into more of a regular rhythm again. It will be a good day when we can get this boy onto a schedule again so that we can predict when he will sleep and eat. But for now, we're just so happy to have him home and doing so well. And we can be flexible for a while longer while his body continues to figure things out.

Lastly, the cardiologist gave us the ok for us to take Dylan on a road trip to go to a family reunion. We're so glad that he is up to it. I think it will be nice for him to get out and spend some time with more family!




2 comments:

  1. Jennifer! Wow! Dylan really is an amazing little boy! I'm so glad things seem to be going well for him and your whole family! Thank you for sharing your story and your faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest picture of his little eyes peeking out. I'm so glad he is doing well. He has wonderful parents.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Heart Surgery.....COMPLETE!

 Yesterday was the big day that we've been waiting 14 years for.....Dylan's pulmonary valve replacement surgery.  When he was 5 mont...