Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 7




We had a good morning today and the afternoon was mixed. In the space of the hour that we were gone to eat lunch Dylan went from no fever to 103 degrees. The nurses gave him Tylenol and to help it come down faster they put a big ice pack behind his back for him to lay on and cold wet towels on his head (poor baby). I'd have to say that I've never had that experience!

 The good part about this afternoon was that since he was so uncomfortable he stayed awake pretty much the whole time and was very intent on looking at me. Today is the first day that he has really been alert enough to really see me for an extended period of time. And I also got one good smile out of him after his temp went down to 101. The other good thing is that despite the fever, he got a lot of fluid out of his body today. We will see how the chest x-rays look tomorrow morning.



2 comments:

  1. The ups and downs are so heart wrenching. I hope that the x-rays come back good tomorrow. We keep praying for you and for little Dylan. I wish I were there to help out with the kids and bring you a nice little basket of goodies at the hospital. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still praying for Dylan. Thank you for keeping us posted with this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Heart Surgery.....COMPLETE!

 Yesterday was the big day that we've been waiting 14 years for.....Dylan's pulmonary valve replacement surgery.  When he was 5 mont...