Saturday, January 16, 2010

So many blessings

Just a quick update:

There are so many things that have come together this week. We feel so incredibly blessed. We got to visit Dylan twice yesterday. I got to feed him some of my milk in a bottle. He is eating very well and they are increasing his feedings consistently. Since he has been doing so well and they are no longer concerned about his heart defect in the immediate future, he was transferred from Primary Childrens back to the NICU here at University hospital. We went to his new room last night and put up the pictures that the kids made for him. We put up a photo of the three of them as well since he won't be able to meet them until he is discharged.






Last night the nurses were very kind and bent the rules for me a bit. They reserved a conference room here in the hospital for us to have a place to have a big birthday party for Brandon. His birthday was on Tuesday, but since Justin was out of town we decided to have the party Friday. It was so good to be with my whole family, Grandpa, parents, and all of my siblings with spouses and little nephew. The only person missing was Dylan. The kids were very surprised to see me walking around for a change. We enjoyed pizza, cake and opening Brandon's presents. It will definitely be a memorable birthday for him. He was so excited to have his celebration here in the hospital. I know it was a big production for everyone to come here and bring all of the food and gifts, but I'm so glad that I could be a part of it.







Finally, I am getting discharged today. It is a day earlier than most patients leave, but my recovery is going very well and I miss my kids! So I'll be heading to my parents' house in the afternoon and returning to the hospital every day to see and try to feed Dylan. It is hard to believe that my hospital stay is almost over. I have spent 17 days here, and I'm so glad that I could do that for Dylan!

10 comments:

  1. so glad that things are going so well. Please take it easy at your parents house. You still need to heal all of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good mom. I'm glad your parents will be there to keep you from over doing it. Take care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that your recovery is going well and that you got to be apart of Brandon's birthday party...so fun! What a little trooper Dylan is...eating so well! Good job! I hope things continue to go up, up, up! Be sure to rest and relax at your parents house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that your recovery is going well and that you got to be apart of Brandon's birthday party...so fun! What a little trooper Dylan is...eating so well! Good job! I hope things continue to go up, up, up! Be sure to rest and relax at your parents house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Brandon! We are so happy that baby Dylon is doing so well! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't tell you how happy I am for you!! Reading your blog has been really uplifting. I'm grateful for your willingness to share your journey with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear things are coming along! What a pile of blessings!
    All our best,
    Matthew & Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Rocio) So glad to hear all the good news!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that you can go and be with your kids. You are so amazing to me Jenn! Our prayers are still with you and Dylan. Take it easy and enjoy the time you have with family around! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the pictures around Dylan. Tell Brandon happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Heart Surgery.....COMPLETE!

 Yesterday was the big day that we've been waiting 14 years for.....Dylan's pulmonary valve replacement surgery.  When he was 5 mont...