It is amazing to think that Dylan has been with us for one week now. He has been on the weight roller coaster that all newborn babies go through, but it is much more noticeable in such a little baby. He was born at 4 lbs. 7 oz. and dropped down to under 4 lbs. the first few days of his life. But he is gaining again and just crossed the 4 pound mark yesterday. He has had a few issues common to preemies, like having to be under spotlights for jaundice. He really didn't like wearing his "glasses." He would reach up and tear them off any chance that he could get. Thankfully he only needed it for one day and will hopefully not need to go under the lights again. He also likes to pull his leads off (the sensors on his chest). The nurses always remark on how often he manages to pull them off. But they also remark on how cute he is and how content he is for a preemie, even with his noisy roommate.
A couple of days ago, the doctors were concerned with his oxygen levels and put him on oxygen again. They were also concerned with him having an infection since his white blood cell count was higher than normal. He's been on antibiotics as a precaution but thankfully it seems that the infection is gone now.
His poor feet get poked every day.
But who can resist this little guy? So sweet.
He is doing really well today and should be able to get rid of his IV by tonight. Good job Dylan!
.jpg)
.jpg)

He's so adorable! I can't believe how much hair he has--especially for being a preemie. IV coming out is always a good thing! I'm surprised Dylan is pulling his leads off--those things can hurt when they come off. Brennen and Camden would always pull their feeding tubes out, though--and that's no fun to have put back in...It's fun how their little personalities show right from the start.
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful! I can't believe how much hair he has! Yay for the weight gain - Go Dylan! Hang in there Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteWow! He's doing so well! I can already tell he's going to be an athlete and genius. Go Dylan!!
ReplyDeleteWell, at least he is getting exercise. What a cute little guy - keep it up Dylan. Hope that he keeps gaining weight and getting stronger and we keep getting good reports. Love,
ReplyDeleteI remember seeing Abagail in her "glasses", she didn't like them either. He looks a lot like Brandon to me. Did the kids receive the Lady Bug game? Have they had a chance to play it yet? Lashelle
ReplyDeleteLook at all that hair!!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, he is SO beautiful!!! I can only imagine how soft that little mop of hair is, like the down on a duckling. I'm so happy to hear he's doing so well - thanks for updating this and being willing to let us follow your adventure. We've been thinking about you a lot! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! I love all of his hair. I was touched, Jennifer, by how you put pictures from the children in his bed and also the pictures of them. Dylan doesn't know yet, but he will in later life, know how many prayers were in his behalf and how many people are rooting for him.
ReplyDeleteI seriously can't get over how cute he is. I am so happy he is doing so well. When will you be back in Seattle? I hope you are somewhat settled in Utah.
ReplyDeleteLashelle, yes they did get the game and they love it. That was one of the first things the kids wanted to do with me when I got home from the hospital. And Megan, we aren't sure how soon we will be home. Dylan still has some milestones to achieve. We're hoping for 2 weeks, but it will completely depend on him. So we'll see!
ReplyDeleteWe are so proud of you Dylan and Jen! You both have been working so hard these past weeks! We are so happy for you all and grateful for your many blessings! We LOVE the pictures! Dylan is a handsome dude! Thank you for sharing your special moments with us! It makes us remember when Makenzie was in the NICU. It was hard, and you guys are handling everything so well! We are so happy that Dylan is doing so great. Keep it up little guy!
ReplyDeleteNewborns and babies do the cutest little poses with their little arms. He is SO Cute! I really do not like it when my little ones got poked so much in their little teeny feet. I hope he is doing even better today. We are thinking and praying for you!
ReplyDeleteWe had no idea that your baby had been born and that you are in SLC. Jan Wilkes just forwarded your blog URL. Our prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDelete