As a way to document our time here, we collect Bedrest Survivor Beads and make a necklace. Each bead stands for something....every day spent here, every procedure done, every visitor we get, each ultrasound, different problems we're dealing with, every trip over to labor and delivery for monitoring, being from out of town, one bead for each of my kids, black beads for bad days, each holiday you spend in the hospital, etc. Some people might think that being on bed rest is a walk in the park because you don't have to really do much and people take care of you, but as you might imagine, it's not. It can be emotionally draining and the days seem to meld together and become the same. At first I thought the bead idea was a little bit corny, but I think it is a neat way to document my time here. When you look at it, you realize that you are doing quite a bit. Look at how many beads I collected this week.

And if you're trying to see how many black beads there are, there is one. I decided that my first day here was black bead worthy.
I think if I had to choose the hardest thing about being here it would be not being able to be a mommy and take care of my family. But this is a relatively short time that I will have to be here, and it is all for my unborn son. This is something I can do for him. It has given me a whole new perspective and appreciation for what I am normally able to do every day and take for granted. Most of the time our spirits are high and I am trying to keep busy with projects. We will see if I ever finish anything.
It so great to read your blog and hear how positive you're being! That must have been very interesting and refreshing to meet the other mothers. You are in our every prayer!
ReplyDeleteJennifer, Thank you for keeping us all updated on your situation. We miss you all and will continue to pray for you and your little baby and your family. Hang in there, I wish there was something I could do, please let me know if there is.
ReplyDeleteNichole Jessee
Jennifer- You are an amazing woman! I found this link on your facebook page an I'm so glad I did so I can now keep up with your pregnancy. It sounds like you are in great hands. Please know that we are thinking and praying for your little family!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Brandon, Whitney & Emery Pierce
I love the bead idea. I wasn't looking for black beads, but I do wonder what the red heart represents?
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you have opporunities to "get out" and chat with others.
Thanks for keeping this blog updated, I am always thinking about you and praying that you and baby are doing well.
:)
Its good to hear that you are doing good. We are continuing our prayers for you and your wonderful family. If their is anything we can do to help let us know. Anything around your house or maybe picking Justin up from the airport when he comes back. Please dont hesitate we would love to help.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great. I'm sure it's tough, but you are doing the best for Baby. We're praying for you to have good days.
ReplyDeleteI actually have 10 heart beads of different colors right now. Each represents a time when we get to track and listen to baby's heartbeat for an extended amount of time through ultrasounds and NSTs (non-stress tests).
ReplyDeleteJennifer, you are such a sweetheart. I will try harder to NOT take my days for granted now. Thanks for sharing this, and keep up the good incubating! :)
ReplyDeleteLove & Prayers
Ditto -the being away from my kids was the toughest part of hospital bedrest. Almost 3 weeks is how long we were able to push off the twins from coming. Sounds like you have a great hospital for having to be on bedrest in--I always tried to talk the nurses into having some kind of party for all of us on bedrest :). I never got to meet any of the other gals. Although, I wasn't allowed to even sit up in my bed, so that's probably why they wouldn't "wheel" me anywhere :). LOL. You look fabulous! Hang in there! Each day that little boy stays inside, the better--that's what I kept telling myself. Baby steps...one procedure, one day, two hours of constant fetal monitoring, one morning of keeping the hard contractions at bay, at a time :). Wish I could stop in and visit...you're constantly in my thoughts, though.
ReplyDelete