Today is probably a good day for an update. There is not much new to report as far as our little baby goes. We are both monitored every four hours - night and day - and so far he seems to be taking things well. Now that we have successfully made it past the week mark, it is more likely that we will be able to hold things out for a longer period of time. So this is good news for our little guy. Things could change at any time, which is why we are constantly monitored, but it is a good sign that we have been able to make it this far.
We made the decision to enroll Brandon in school here, since the duration of our stay is unknown, but will at the least be for a few more weeks. Thankfully the two schools transferred records so we did not have to have all of his documents. He started at his new school on Thursday this last week. He was excited and has handled all of these changes so well. I have been so impressed with him. I would have been terrified to go to yet a third new school in the space of a year and a half. He has made a friend that lives very close to my parents, so it is nice for him to know someone in the neighborhood.
Justin will be arriving in Seattle tonight and will be there for a few days to go to work and get things done at home. The last time we were home it was Christmas day, so there is some work to be done to get the house back to normal. We are so thankful for neighbors, ward members and friends that have kept an eye on things while we have been gone. He will be bringing back a suitcase of things we need here. I am hoping for a very uneventful week here. I would hate for Justin to miss something important while he's away!
So we are doing fine and making things work. It has taken a lot of adjustment, and will continue to, so we are being flexible and trying to figure out what the new plan for us here is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heart Surgery.....COMPLETE!
Yesterday was the big day that we've been waiting 14 years for.....Dylan's pulmonary valve replacement surgery. When he was 5 mont...
-
Dylan Stuart Maner was born this morning at 8:45 a.m and weighs 4 lbs 7 oz. We never would have guessed that he would have a birthday the d...
-
Close up of Dylan Video of Dylan opening his eyes and hiccuping. Also shows his size relative to my hand. The tests keep coming back and...
-
We found out we were expecting baby #4 in June. We were all so excited to have a new little one join the family and we put our baby's du...
Thanks for the update. So many sisters asked about how you were doing today...and so you will have quite a following here on your blog. Will Justin plan to go to SLC every weekend? We are all praying for you and your little boy!
ReplyDelete-Marianne
We will pray for a boring week for you :).
ReplyDeleteJennifer,
ReplyDeleteWith the busy holidays, I hadn't checked your blog since Thanksgiving. . .Oh my goodness, I am stunned. What a trying situation. Is your Mom taking care of the kids while Justin is back at work? I bet its tough not being there for them each day. But you have a great perspective--in the long run this is a very short time and you are caring for your unborn son. Your kids will be just fine. I'm so glad you made it through this week with no problems. I hope you make it the full three weeks! What hospital are you at? I'll be praying for you. . .Loves, Tracie
Well, that is the plan for now. When the baby is born we will have to see how things go. I'm not quite sure what to expect, as I will most likely have a c-section and the baby will be in the NICU for a little while. Justin will probably take some time off of work at that point, and then we'll have to decide how to handle things. We're being very flexible, because we just aren't quite sure how things will go from day to day.
ReplyDeleteJennifer, I'm so sorry to hear about this! I know you have family around, but do you need anything else? visits or anything? You're in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteWow, you have done so well with all of the unexpectedness of it all! We are praying for you and your family. We wish you the best.
ReplyDelete