Saturday, February 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home


After not being home for 7 weeks, we finally made it!




The trip was better than we expected it to be. I will let Justin weigh in on the particulars, but let's just say that it is amazing how much more we had to take home with us than what we originally brought for our week long trip after Christmas. We made pretty good time and have enjoyed being home so far. A big thank you to those who helped keep an eye on our house, helped to take Christmas down, clean and organize, and helped us get ready to return home with baby Dylan! The kids are getting used to their new rooms and rediscovering their Christmas presents that we left here. And I am rediscovering my kitchen. There are a few things that I have had to look for. Not being home for so long has taken a toll on my memory. But the good news is that I fell in love with our house again coming home to it. We keep forgetting that we have 4 kids now. Good thing we have a van! 

Dylan was on oxygen for the whole trip home. It helped him breathe easier in his car seat. Now he is just on the monitor and hopefully we will be able to get rid of that soon. It will be a great day when we can carry him around the house without him being connected to anything! 

Welcome home Dylan. I think you'll really like it here!


9 comments:

  1. Glad you got home safely. I have been thinking about you and praying that everything went smoothly. I still can't get over the hair. He is adorable. I hope you can get some sleep now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back home now with your darling baby. 7 weeks is a very long time to be gone from your home. You sure accomplished a lot in that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so glad that you're home safe and that Dylan is doing so well. What an amazing blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you made it safe. We've been thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great to hear that you are finally home! If you need anything just let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home! It was nice to see you at church today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear you are back. Welcome to Seattle :) Thanks for all the updates. Good luck getting all settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you made it home safely and that Dylan is doing well! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a miracle to have him home. Best wishes with the adjustment!! That must have been quite an experience to walk through the door, and see everything as you left it so long ago!

    ReplyDelete

Heart Surgery.....COMPLETE!

 Yesterday was the big day that we've been waiting 14 years for.....Dylan's pulmonary valve replacement surgery.  When he was 5 mont...