Today the doctors said the word.....possible "discharge" date!
Dylan is doing quite well with eating. Yesterday he took in 85% of his food through his mouth. If he can keep it up and get up to 100%, they will discharge him by the end of the week. I am not hanging all of my hopes on that, because it could easily be longer, and let's face it - nothing has gone according to plan with this little guy - but I'm so happy that they are actually talking about it now. We're doing some of his final things, like his hearing test, his final ECHO, buying a carseat that will fit him (most car seats are made for babies 5 lbs and up, so we'll need a special one for Dylan), doing the parent discharge class, and learning infant CPR, etc. I think we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Here are a couple of pictures of Dylan as we found him yesterday. The nurse had been playing with his hair after she had washed it. Pretty cute!


YAY!!
ReplyDeleteYeah! And we are so thankful that the tests came back negative. The prayers are working!
ReplyDeleteAnd there was great rejoicing in the land!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited to hear that he might soon be released from the hospital. Love all of you.
ReplyDeleteYea!! I am so excited!! What an amazing little guy! love ya Deanna
ReplyDeleteWe cant wait for Dylan to be healthy enough to go home. Cant wait to see you guys and meet the little cutie.
ReplyDeleteYour family is an inspiration in so many ways. Dylan is such a cutie pie. Congratulations and I hope you get to take him home soon!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures of Dylan are so precious! Way to go Dylan, keep up the great eating! I hope he is able to come home soon!
ReplyDelete