I think Dylan likes being out of the hospital. In addition to not getting poked and prodded frequently, having vitals checked every 3 hours and having tubes and sensors connected to him constantly, he gets held much more now. I was surprised to realize that while he was in the NICU, the only real holding and cuddling that happened was for the few hours that I was able to visit every day. The rest of the time Dylan spent most of his day by himself listening to constant beeping and nurses walking by. Now that he is out of the hospital he gets held much more, and we all like that! It is probably noisier here at home with 3 other kids, but at least these are the sounds of normal life and not the sterile sounds of a hospital.
Dylan had his first doctors appointment since we got home and is gaining weight really well. He is 5 lbs. 4 oz. now! The doctor was very pleased with his progress. Next week we will go see a cardiologist and learn more about the surgery that Dylan needs and when that will happen. He has not needed oxygen since we have been home so he is just hooked up to his oximeter, which measures his heart rate and his oxygen saturation. He will continue to be on that at least until we talk with his cardiologist.
The kids love having Dylan home and we are all just so thankful to finally be here. Justin's parents have been here this week to help us get settled into our house and we are so thankful for their help!
I am not quite sure what normal life is going to look like, and I am quite sure that it will take a while to get there, but being home finally is a big step in that direction!


He is SOOOO CUTE! I'm so glad that things are going so well.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on such a cute little boy. I am so glad that he is home and all the huge MIRACLES that have happened in his life already. :)
ReplyDeleteI read your entire blog just now for the first time and was so touched by Dylan's story. Matt and I have always been impressed with your strength and Justin's strength. What a beautiful story of faith. Thank you for sharing it will all of us through your blog.
ReplyDeleteThe news has been so exciting and so good! We are so happy you are home and adjusting.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love,
Poulton Family
I'm so happy for you! And to be in your dream home once again. You deserve it lady! I miss that I'm not your neighbor but life is good in Provo. Hope that you can get some rest and relaxation. Dyllan is just beautiful and can't wait to meet him and see you all! Catherine
ReplyDelete