Love those baby blues!
Weston went in to see the cardiologist last week and had an EKG. The doctor had planned to do an ECHO but decided that it wasn't necessary. That's always good news.....those are no fun. Weston's hole hasn't changed. But here is the good news: I didn't understand until this last visit that his hole shouldn't ever get any bigger. It will either stay the same, get smaller, or disappear all together. So even if it never changes, it should never affect his heart. He will be able to grow and run and do sports and do everything that he wants to do without any trouble from the VSD. It will just make lots of noise. What a relief! So as far as hearts go, Dylan and Weston are two peas in a pod, being extra noisy boys!
And FYI, I have finally added a few posts to the very beginning of this blog, which were originally published on our private family blog. When I landed in the hospital out of state on bed rest, that is when we started this blog to keep family, friends, neighbors and ward members informed about where we were and what we were doing. But since those posts are about the beginnings of our experiences with Dylan I decided that they belong right here.....mostly for me to keep everything together.
If you are interested, here they are:
What beautiful blue eyes! That's great news about the hole in his heart. We loved your Easter card. And we love you. - the Savilles
ReplyDelete