Thursday, January 5, 2012

Test Results

Just a quick update. We have been mentally preparing for Dylan to have Celiac disease. Things seemed to be pointing in that direction, and I knew that if the level they were testing for came back elevated at all, they would do a biopsy to find out once and for all if he has the disease. I didn't know if we would hear about the lab results before our next appointment later in January. But the nurse gave us a call the other day, and told us that the levels have returned to normal. I was shocked! I asked the nurse what that means, and she said that Dylan does not have Celiac disease. What a surprise! We still have an appointment with the GI doctor in a couple of weeks, and I will be very interested to hear what he has to say about it now. What wonderful news that he does not have this disease! He can still eat all of our normal foods, which is a blessing because he loves breads like pancakes, toast, muffins, cookies, and everything else that has gluten in it.



So we know more about what he doesn't have. But as always, little Dylan continues to be a mystery. Hooray for happy news!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! It's so hard for toddlers to live without gluten. Though being back at square one is also difficult. Keep taking good care of him!

    ~Andy

    ReplyDelete

Heart Surgery.....COMPLETE!

 Yesterday was the big day that we've been waiting 14 years for.....Dylan's pulmonary valve replacement surgery.  When he was 5 mont...