This cute boy is now 18 months old! I really can't believe it. And now that he has reached this milestone, he is now old enough to go to nursery at church. If you would have asked me 3 or 4 months ago how I felt about Dylan going to nursery, I would have had some reservations about it. But I think that the Lord has helped him get over a few hurdles in the last couple of months that have helped him be ready for this, and have helped me be okay with letting him go.
* In April he learned to crawl
* In June he learned to pull himself to a stand
* In the last couple of months he has really become a great eater - we are about ready to give up baby food all together
* Also in the last couple of months he has finally decided that he is more of a sippy cup guy, rather than a baby bottle guy
* His little personality is really coming through now, with all of his opinions
*Although he doesn't say any words yet, we are sure working on that all the time (although I could swear that I heard him say his version of "more" tonight!!)
* He now has 4 teeth, which makes it much easier to eat food
* He now has 4 teeth, which makes it much easier to eat food
These things have made me surprisingly okay with letting him go to nursery, coupled with the fact that the nursery leaders are great and very aware of where Dylan is at. We'll see how his first day goes tomorrow!
And I will post about Dylan's new orthotics very soon. We should be getting them on Monday.
I was helping out in nursery the 3rd hour, and he did great. Almost all the kids in there were just 18 months, so it was hard for any of them to pay attention to the lesson, or say any words. He seemed to have lots of fun. Glad that transition went well!
ReplyDeleteI have my own worries about Joseph going into nursery. I hope it goes as well in a couple of months.
~Andy
Such a cutie! It'll be fun to see him and all of your family at the Reunion
ReplyDelete