Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reflection




This time of year has given me a lot of chances to reflect on many things. When it comes to Dylan, I have reflected on his amazing life so far. He is a strong little guy! Dylan is now 11 months and a few days old. What a blessing he has been to our family!

In my last post I wrote about Dylan's development and his need for physical therapy. Between trying to switch to a closer facility, getting medical records, waiting for approvals, etc, etc, etc, Dylan still has not started physical therapy. But he has made a huge break through on his own. As you can see from the above photo, he has learned to sit up all by himself! I cannot express how big this is for him, at 11 months of age. He is a bit wobbly still and will fall over in all directions (never had a baby that will fall forward before), but he can do it! And he is getting stronger. The rolling over, crawling and moving from one position to the next will still take him some time and work, but I am so pleased with his progress. Maybe when we actually get him seeing a therapist once a week he will really start to progress quickly. We will see.

Merry Christmas!



5 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see Dylan sitting up! He is a darling, beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh he's sitting up, so precious. Yay Dylan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dylan is a lucky guy to have a mom like you! So happy to see him progressing. You remain in our prayers. We know we are far away, but if there is anything we can do, let us know. Thanks for the Christmas card. You are amazing to get those out with everything else you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer - Your Christmas card arrived and I enjoyed reading about your family, and now will enjoy keeping up with Mr. Dylan. What an unbelievable journey the Lord has put you and your family on. I admire your strength. Your family is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for letting me be a small part of it. Best wishes for peace, love and more joy in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling boy and I hope you don't mind that I am now your blog stalker! Let me know if you ever need anything I'm here for whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Heart Surgery.....COMPLETE!

 Yesterday was the big day that we've been waiting 14 years for.....Dylan's pulmonary valve replacement surgery.  When he was 5 mont...